The Müller-Guttenbrunn Group is a 100 % family owned group of companies. The Müller-Guttenbrunn family originally came from Romania, where the family Müller lived in the village Guttenbrunn (Romanian Zabrany). Adam Müller-Guttenbrunn became a writer and moved to Vienna in the 1870’s, where he became a theatre director. A few generations later in 1954 Engineer Herbert Müller-Guttenbrunn founded a ferrous trading company Müller-Guttenbrunn in Waidhofen/Ybbs in Austria. The company grew until the site in Waidhofen became too small. The company moved to Amstetten, where the company still has their headquarters. With the continued growth of Müller-Guttenbrunn it became a necessity to extend the activities to other sites and it was decided to move the non-ferrous activities to a new location near Waidhofen/Ybbs.
The company enjoyed large growth in the time during which the two sons Herbert Müller-Guttenbrunn (right picture) and Dietrich Müller-Guttenbrunn (left picture) managed the company.
It was also in the second generation that the international activities of the company developed as from the beginning of the 1990´s. The international expansion of the company led to the return of the Müller-Guttenbrunn to the Arad Region in 2001. In the year 2012, a brand new and modern treatment facility was built in Frumuseni, only a few kilometers away from the birthplace of Adam Müller-Guttenbrunn in Zabrany.
With the retirement of KR Herbert Müller-Guttenbrunn in 2006, Mag. Ing. Christian Müller-Guttenbrunn became the company CEO and under his leadership, the company in Brasov was restructured into SC Remat Müller-Guttenbrunn in 2015.
The current management team for the Romanian companies consists of the the Müller-Guttenbrunn Group Director for Central and Eastern Europe Michael Kimmeswenger, the General Manager Marius Mairovitz and Michael Gromen for SC Remat-MG srl in the Arad Region and Tom Mettke for SC Remat Müller-Guttenbrunn srl in Brasov.